Information ECommPay May Collect from Customers
ECommPay may collect and process the following data about customers:
• Information and documentation that the customer provides by filling in the Application form on ECommPay’s Website www.ecommpay.com (hereinafter – “Website”). This includes information provided by the customer at the time of using the Website, subscribing to or requesting further services/support. ECommPay may also ask the customer for any additional information, when they report a problem with the Website;
• If the customer contacts ECommPay, a record of that correspondence/communication and/or the telephone call is retained;
• Details of the fulfilment of the customers’ requests;
• Details of the customers’ visits to the Website including, but not limited to, location data, weblogs, other communication data and the resources that are accessed by the customers.
ECommPay may collect information for system administration about the customer’s computer, including, where it is available, IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about the Website users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Storage of Customers’ Personal Data
All information provided by the customers to ECommPay is stored on ECommPay’s secure servers.
As the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, ECommPay cannot guarantee the security of the data the customers transmit to the Website and therefore any transmission is at the customer’s own risk.
Once the customer’s information is received, ECommPay will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access.
General Uses Made of the Information
ECommPay uses information held about the customers in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for the customer and for their computer;
• To provide the customer with information, products or services requested from ECommPay or which ECommPay feels may interest the customer, where the customer has consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between the customer and ECommPay;
• To notify the customer about changes to ECommPay’s service.
Fraud/ Money Laundering/ Crime Prevention Checking
When the customer submits an Application, ECommPay verifies the customer’s identity and conducts appropriate research against any possible fraud/ money laundering/ crime issues and risks.
Other Uses of the Information
• If a legal/ natural person is a new customer, and where ECommPay permits selected third parties to use the customers’ data, ECommPay (or third party) will contact the customer by electronic means only if the customer has consented to this.
• If the customer does not want ECommPay to use their data in this way, or to pass their details to third parties for marketing purposes, the customer should inform ECommPay by email.
• ECommPay does not disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties, but ECommPay may provide them with information about ECommPay customers. ECommPay may make use of the personal data collected from the customers to enable ECommPay to comply with the advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Customers’ Personal Information
ECommPay may disclose the customers’ personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
• If ECommPay sells or buys any business or assets, in which case ECommPay may disclose the customers’ personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If ECommPay, or substantially all of ECommPay’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case any personal data held about the customers will be considered as one of the transferred assets,
• If ECommPay is under a duty to disclose or share the customers’ personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions or other agreements; or to protect ECommPay’s rights, property, its customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of protection against fraud and risk reduction.
The customer has the right to ask ECommPay not to process their personal data for marketing purposes. ECommPay will usually inform the customer (before collecting their data) if ECommPay intends to use the customer’s data for such purposes or if ECommPay intends to disclose the customer’s information to any third party for such purposes. The customer can also exercise the right, at any time, to prevent such processing by contacting ECommPay by email.
The Website may contain links to and from the Websites of ECommPay’s partner networks/ advertisers/ etc. If the customer follows a link to any of these Websites, ECommPay does not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy policies of these websites.
Access to Information
The law gives the customer the right to access information held about them. The customer’s right of access can be exercised in accordance with the law.